Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

My Maori Hero!

My Maori Hero: Lisa Carrington

This week for our week 10 Contract we are focusing on selecting a Maori Hero that we want to learn about. I chose Lisa Carrington. The famous New Zealand Olympic Athlete! She is very fun to write about and I am learning lots about her! My favorite part was publishing the book about her which is still a work in progress but looks great! I also found out that Lisa used to do Nippers Surf Life Saving like me which was how she got into Flat Water Canoeing! She is a 5 time champion and people are now starting to call here New Zealand's best Olympian! I would love to do this more often because it was really fun and inspired me lots!

By Poppy!


Image result for lisa carrington kayak    This is Lisa Carrington!

No comments:

Post a Comment