Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

2019 Camp at Whangarei.

2019 Camp at Whangarei......

This year in 2019 we were doing a camp at Whangarei. Since I am a year 8 this was my last camp, which was quite sad but I was still excited. We started off with a very long 2 hour bus trip (which felt like 4 hours) but I had lots of company from my bus buddy Tiana. We read books the whole way basically. 

We finally got there at a Top 10 Holiday Park which was quite snug. My tent group: Me (Poppy), Manali, Tiana, Isabel, and Isobel, had a bit of a challenge when we got there and that was putting the tent up, but it was very funny though watching ourselves put it up. Then we went on a little bush walk (but we were only there for a short while because we had to go to Flip out). Then we went to Flip out and we had so much fun there. I managed to do quite a few new tricks on the trampolines! Then we went back to the camp site and had Hamburgers for dinner.

The next day we were scheduled to go to Adventure Forest but it turns out that the wind was way to strong to climb any of the trees. Even one of the branches fell on one of the cars. Luckily the teachers had a plan if something like this was going to happen and it was all of us going to the pools! It was so much fun! My friends and I made an enormous whirlpool and the current was so strong that we did not even have to swim! We had to get out a few hours later and then we were scheduled to go Bowling! It was very competitive. It was my first time bowling and it turned out that I was not that bad at it!

The next day, the year 5 and 6's went Kayaking and the year 7 and 8's went to Poor Knights for Snorkeling. It turns out that I only went Paddle boarding and Kayaking but it was very enjoyable to do as it was my first time Paddle boarding. When we had to go back on the boat the skipper took us through the caves and told us the history of the islands. We went through the caves and we sung a waiata. It was very loud. We had the best sleep after that though! 

Unfortunately though, we had to go home on Thursday but while we were driving on the way home, we stopped at the Glow Worm caves. They were very beautiful and I managed to remember the name of the rocks: Stalactites, and Stalagmites, and Limestone. I managed to learn lots about the History of the caves as well and they were very interesting. After we walked through the caves, we had to walk through the bush and that was very tiring. Before we got back on the bus our teachers announced the winners of the tent inspection and our tent won! The bus ride home was a bit rough though as everyone started throwing up in the Mangamuka's. We got back to school though, tired, worn out and ready for a holiday!

I would like to thank all of the teachers that helped us on camp and prepared it for us. We will never know how much effort you had put into our camp. A special thanks to the parents as well as this camp would not have been possible without you. Thanks for an amazing camp Pompallier, it was amazing!

By Poppy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment