Pages

Monday, September 10, 2018

Mud race in Peria



Mud Race In Peria 
Last Friday I went to the cross country inter schools at Peria. Me and the 11 year old girls were waiting for our turn for a long time. I was racing with some of my friends from my school and some from Kaingaroa like Shay, and Zara. It was finally time to go so we lined up and got ready to go. "Ready, set...." we waited as the man called out. "GO" and we sprinted off. It was not the easiest start at first because everyone tried to push in front but they did not have much luck and ended up getting pushed over so I stayed behind for a while. But as I was going down the hill a huge mud pool was waiting down the bottom for us. I realized I had to suck it up and sprint through the mud. When I got out my legs looked like chocolate fingers! It was pretty hard for the first 2 laps but the last one was brutal. My legs were aching, my shoulders were so sore and I was running out of breath. I caught up to Chris and she was struggling a lot. I held her hand and said " If we can accomplish this race we can accomplish anything we just have to make it to the end." When we crossed that finish line we still held hands and tied for 15th place. I had trouble breathing after because I was sore all over. I knew the first thing I would do when I got in the car would be to take the worlds most relaxing nap!!!

By Poppy 

Have you ever been to inter-schools???????

No comments:

Post a Comment