Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Letter To Family: ANZAC

My ANZAC Letter To My Family

For our Literacy Contract this week we had to pretend we were an ANZAC Soldier, fighting in the War. The letter went like this:

Dear Family
I am in Gallipoli now and its dreadful. The people around me are amazing. They are just like me, fighting for freedom for our future generations. I cannot explain how dreadful it is here and how much I miss you. I can't hear anything as the bombs fly over me. I am starving, tired, and thirsty. Sleeping is horrific, its noisy and Worms, Rats, and Grubs keep crawling over me in the night. My thoughts of home give me strength, for I think about how safe you are away from here. Please take care of yourselves, I love you so much.

Love Soldier Dad. 

This was, in my opinion, pretty hard to write because I have never experienced stuff like this before and I have no idea what it would be like fighting in the War. I think the best part was researching all of the things that soldiers had experienced in the War. This was one of my favorite tasks.

By Poppy


Image result for poppies                 

No comments:

Post a Comment