Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Blog Post on Poem writing

Blog Post On Poem Writing 

This week has been good so far. We have been learning about Poems at the moment. I have been learning how to write Haiku's and Acrostic Poems and they have been very fun to make up and write. I have written Haiku's about my pets, animals, the beach along with summer. I wrote an Acrostic poem about my Chicken Steve, Writing and Spring. I learn't that a Haiku starts with 5 syllables, then 7 and then 5 again. For example: Summer is coming, we like going to the beach, waves dancing away. I also learn't about the Acrostic poem and how it is one word going down and words beside a letter that explain what the topic is about. For example:

Stinking hot 
Ultimate sun
Miraculous beaches
More swimming 
Entertaining sunsets 
Rock pools galore 

Can't wait to learn more!
By Poppy 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Poppy! I really love your blog! the poem you did is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete